Monday, February 26, 2018

The Thin Line







“Love me or hate me, both are in my favour. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart... If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.”

― William Shakespeare


Love and hate.  Opposite (yet equally intense) emotions that drive us to act irrationally, cloud our thinking and render judgement null and void.   Throughout history love and hate wreaked havoc on cultures, ignited wars and also inspired great works of art and poetry.  They both make our hearts beat fiercely in our chest and our palms sweat.  Opposite but perhaps not so different in the end.

As the saying goes "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference"


I invite you to explore this thin line, to walk the edge of it with your words, to seek out the places that cut through the skin of expectations.   Perhaps consider what lurks on the other side.


Word & Topic Prompts:

Passion
Intensity
Red
Duality
Limits (pushing)
Consuming
Indifference



Please share the link to your poem (or post your poem) in the comments below.  We're looking forward to reading your work.




Jenny Astramowicz is a writer, poet and aspiring wellness coach.  She resides in San Francisco where she works at the local university and trains for endurance events.  Her long term dream is to live in France with her two cats.
Not all who wander are lost...
#OctPoWriMo  #NaPoWriMo #NaNoWriMo #Poetsonthepage

Find her on  Google +  Twitter Instagram
You can read her poetry at https://zwabisabi.blogspot.com



                 

No comments:

Post a Comment