Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Poetry Prompts - Liberating

“Just like there's always time for pain, there's always time for healing.” ― Jennifer Brown

It seems this has been a month of forgetting at least here on Poets on the Page. For me it's because I've been doing more offline than on. As I maneuver the healing process of my breakup, I'm exploring life through walking in parks and by the river, getting together with friends, playing my flute, reconnecting with my spirituality, creating art and reading.

A place on the river where I play my flute, read, and write in my journal.


A couple of weeks ago I went on a solitary road trip to the beach, it was liberating and invigorating. I've spent time on my own, and enjoy it, but I've never camped by myself before. I loved it. I think my next road trip will be into the mountains and a longer camping trip.

Relaxing on Tybee Beach.


Whether you have gone through a break up or were having some other, "dark night of the soul" what have you done for yourself to heal and move on?

Poetry Prompt:

Write for ten minutes about how your healing process took an unexpected turn, choose part or all of it and form a shape poem.

Word Prompts:

Alone time
exploration
liberating



Peace,
Morgan Dragonwillow
Read, Dance, Write, Repeat.


Morgan Dragonwillow is a poet, author, encourager, and facilitator of magical circles. She is team leader at @StoryDam, #OctPoWriMo and #PoetsonthePage You can find her Playing with Words and dancing on her blog.
Yes she is on Google+ too!

Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. I don't feel able to do this challenge just now... There is so much under the surface that it frightens me to even lift a tiny corner and take a peek ... No doubt it will tumble out at some point... Thank you for your post...

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete