Saturday, September 29, 2012

Poetry Writing Tip #23 - Someone Special is Waiting to Read Your Poems




Today’s tip is my shortest yet.

Perhaps, I would venture to guess, a very important tip as we are in our final weekend before – remember this on October 17 or October 24 or even October 4!

Tip #23 – Whatever poetry you write this month: first drafts, snippets of words, ideas, haiku, pantoum, sonnets, free verse only,prose poetry…. Nothing you write during OctPoWriMo is “wrong writing.” Everything written here is grand – a model of tenacity, hope and promise – just like you are as well. Each time you move your pencil (put your fingers to the keyboard, however you choose to do it) is adding to the increase for all of us.

Over and over I have found I inspire people with my writing at times when I have absolutely no idea they are even READING me. You cannot fathom who might be ready to read exactly the message your words may express.

Honor your creative impulse to write 31 poems in 31 days. 

We believe in you.

Someone special is out there, waiting to read your words. You bless your readers when you put your thoughts into words and hit “Publish”.

Please sign up for OctPoWriMo. You may use our link up if you will be blogging, or join the Writing Poetry Group on Facebook. If you use twitter, share poems and links and community using the hashtag #OctPoWriMo.

Some helpful links:


82 Writing Experiments from Bernadette Mayer (a favorite poet of mine. Perfectly wacky and awesome to reinforce my belief... yes, I am a poet.)

You can see how much fun this will be and how much satisfaction you will receive so.....

A REMINDER: Sign up for OctPoWriMo. You may use our link up if you will be blogging, or join the Writing Poetry Group on Facebook. If you use twitter, share poems and links and community using the hashtag #OctPoWriMo.





3 comments:

  1. Yes, you never know who will be reading your poetry and how your words may be what that person needs to hear right in that moment. Nothing you write is wrong writing! Excellent tip Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I always pray that my words can mean something to somebody other than myself. I know we can all accomplish this and post every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes people allow themselves to over think it and it stops them from writing. Hopefully everyone will see that it doesn't have to be perfect and just write from their heart. One more day until we start! Woot Woot!

      Delete