Friday, September 28, 2012

Writing Poetry Tip 22 - Gratitude

Connecting with Divine inspiration to write poetry doesn't have to be hard. Many of the tips so far can help you connect in. It is about allowing the ego to step aside, feeling the love of the source of all creation (whatever you may call it/Him/Her/They), and staying in the present moment to be able to allow the words to flow onto the page.

Gratitude is something that I think helps me stay connected. When I feel grateful I can't help but smile and then loving feelings spread outward from my heart. Ah the words flow in that moment.


Tip 22: Make a list of all the things you are grateful for and staple it to the inside of the front of your notebook or post above your writing station. Read it every day before beginning, see if there is anything you want to add to the list, and smile.

There is much that I am grateful for and being a part of this poetry journey with you is high up on my list. We only have two days left until we begin OctPoWriMo. If you are planning on joining us but haven't added your link to the Link Up yet I hope you will do that soon.

I am looking forward to writing my poetry, reading your poetry, and sharing this poetry experience with you.

What are you grateful for? 



Attitude of Gratitude: 5 Tools for Appreciation

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, simple and life changing!! So great to have that list, too, as possible poem topics during October! Brava, Morgan, Brava!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I am grateful you appreciate the post. :D

      Delete