Monday, January 13, 2014

January Poetry Mini-Challenge: Prompt #1 - Cold

image by Petr Kratochvil
Welcome to January’s mini-challenge! I’m so glad you are here and I hope you will share your writing with us this week!

Much like last month’s mini-challenge, there is a method to the madness here. However, I’m going to keep the theme a secret until Friday. See if, through the week, you can figure out where my inspiration came from for this challenge!

It’s winter here in the eastern US and for the past several days, the weather has turned bitterly cold. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of this weather pattern. I much prefer flip-flops, capri pants and t-shirts over boots, jeans, and sweaters. But I’ve made the choice in my life to live somewhere that has distinct seasons, so I try not to complain (too much) about the cold.

What does “cold” bring to mind for you? Is it cold weather? A cold beverage? A cold personality? Explore this word in a stream-of-consciousness free write and see what comes up for you.

The Prompt: Write a poem about cold using whatever meaning of the word comes up for you.

Word Prompt: Cold

Image Prompts: (I’m including several of these - choose one (or none!)


Sell Art Online

Photography Prints


Art Prints

~ Amy McGrath

Share a link to your blog in the comments below so that we can enjoy your poetry! Also, take a moment to check out some of the other poems that your fellow writers have created. And, as always, thanks for joining us in this poetic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment