Friday, January 17, 2014

January Poetry Mini-Challenge: Prompt #5 - Just Right


We did it! Day 5 of the January Mini-Challenge is here! Have you managed to write with us all week? If so, congratulations on your amazing accomplishment! If you haven't, that's ok, too. Join with us today. Your timing is "just right"!

On the first day of this challenge, I said there was a theme for the week - a method to my madness. Did you figure it out? Your prompts (clues) have been COLD, HOT, BIG, and SMALL. Your final hint is in the first paragraph above ... "just right". Now do you know where my inspiration came from?

If you guessed that I was inspired by the children's story Goldilocks and the Three Bears, then you are absolutely right! YOU WIN! YYyyyaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! Don't ask me where this idea came from, though. I have no clue - but I hope it's been fun for you anyway!



Today, I want things to be "just right". What does that look like for you? What does "just right" feel like? sound like? smell like? taste like? Use all of your senses to lead you to today's poem.

Poetry Prompt: Write a "just right" poem. Tell us about the perfect place, time, person, pair of jeans or shoes... whatever it is that is "just right" for you.

Word Prompts: Right or Perfect or maybe even Comfortable

~ Amy McGrath

Please share a link to your poem below in the comments. Thank you for taking part in this challenge. We return to weekly prompts on Monday. The next mini-challenge will be the second week of February. Keep writing!

2 comments:

  1. Fun challenge...I wrote a nonsense poem in the end.... http://bastetandsekhmet.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/right-a-nonsense-poem/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my Just Right... http://morgandragonwillow.com/2014/01/just-right.html

    ReplyDelete