Thursday, October 23, 2014

OctPoWriMo Poetry Prompt #23: Another Chapter Begins.....



Another chapter begins…

We are in the final third of October which means… we are that much closer to the end of this poetry writing spree.


Some of you, like me, may not quite be up to speed with the numbers and guess what? That is perfectly fine. Please forgive your lower numbers and continue to write as called and compelled.


I have written two poems this month I am absolutely thrilled about and have several in the works in my notebook. I don’t consider myself behind because… 

                                       I don’t believe in “behind” I believe in everything being just right as is, thank you very very much!
 

With that in mind, I want us to think and write today - if you choose to follow the prompting and as always we love whether you do or you don’t - to imagine turning the page to the next chapter….


If it helps, actually grab a book from that shelf over there. Go to the end of one chapter and literally turn the page.


Repeat as necessary.


Maybe for you “another chapter begins” is like waiting for the new school year or writing resolutions or starting a new job….


Perhaps you’ve been writing haiku all month and right now you want to set those aside and write all American Sentence poems! (Are there any Allen Ginsburg fans out there who know what I speak of?

Whatever it inspires for you, so be it... move your pencils and shuffle these possibilities into poetry.

Phrase prompts:


Another chapter begins…

Turn the page….

And then there was….

I begin again….

And then there was….

Now it is time to write….

And an image and quote inspiration I forgot I created! 


Share your poetry with us by linking up. Make sure you visit your neighbors one or two before and after. If you are last on the list go back to the beginning of the list. If you are the first few on the list please go back to the day before and visit the last on the list if you haven't already. Have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment