Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Can Writing Poetry Transform You?

“Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” 
― Ann VoskampOne Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are



I decided to share with you today some of the comments that have been said about OctPoWriMo, the tips and prompts, how it has helped the writers/poets get their words onto the page, and sometimes how it has affected them.


Your prompt saved me today, thank you! on Poetry Prompt 3 - Connecting In JyllianM
This is scary. I can't help but worry what others will think, but I trust that my words may speak to someone's heart as they speak to mine. onOctPoWriMo Poetry Prompt #11 - Write What You Must Write. Esther Spurrill-Jones

What beautiful words, thank you for sharing them. I wrote about digging down deeper still,and included a great song to go with it from Marc Cohn. http://mademorebeautiful.com/2012/10/12/deeper-still/ on Poetry Prompt Day 12 - Where Passion Resides Jenna

This was another very painful poem for me. I chose a subject that can be very controversial but my views on the issue are not political, but very personal. on Poetry Prompt Day 16 - Which Side Are You On Esther Spurrill-Jones

I just want to thank you tons and tons and tons for running this challenge. It has kept me blogging and at least one or two of my poems are keepers. :) Thanks again! on Poetry Challenge Steph Beth Nickel

Thank you for organizing all the prompts for Octpowrimo. Many were inspiring, and many were extremely challenging! I'm glad I saw it through. on OctPoWriMo Poetry Prompt 31 - Infinity VivinFrance

You know what? This post makes me feel less nervous about diving in. I sometimes worry I'm not enough. But this reminds me how personal poetry is. If its good enough for me, its good enough. on Simple Or Intricate? JenKehl.com

Participating in these challenges has helped me feel a little bit more confident about what I write. Thank you for hosting this :) on Poetry Prompt Day Five: Writing a List Poem SamanthaFain

I am in awe of all the amazing narrative poetry I'm reading from you all today! Really, I'm charmed, inspired, uplifted, and enthralled. So glad I decided to take the OctPoWriMo journey. on Poetry Prompt Octrober 7: There is Power in Narrative Poetry Christine

This prompt was a tough one for me! I considered giving up for today, but I'm glad I punched through the writer's block. on Poetry Prompt Day 9: Lyrical Poetry Christine

This was the hardest prompt for me, and I'm glad you have it .. It helped me come up with my first haiku :) on Poetry Prompt Day 17 : Games We played Sonalika Chaturvedi

This is definitely one of the best prompts - EVERYONE has come up with lines of perfection.. Thanks for this :) on OctPoWriMo - Poetry Prompt Day 21: Short, Sweet and Simple Sonalika Chaturvedi

Sexual abuse is often a topic I have written poetry about. Women and children issues are often close to my heart but I avoid blogging much about it as its tough to coin poetry on it. Thanks for giving the opportunity to try doing that again :)) on Poetry Prompt Day 30: Writing about the Hard Stuff Lady Whispers

I am so so so so grateful for being a part of this wonderful place and it has given me so much that I can't thank enough and and and I am definitely going to miss it a lot on OctPoWriMo Day 31 - Endings and New Beginnings Enchantress 

And from Twitter:
 Oct 2 What a lovely way to begin the day with reflection and a poem Thank you
 Sep 22What a poet is and isn't 2013:   Whether we like it or no, poetry and poets have ...
 Sep 18Makes me wanna play hooky! RT Intuitive Writing: Is this Message for You
 8 Nov 2012Today I'm going to visit my best fiend from my poem To City Girl
 30 Oct 2012I had a tough time today with writing and other stuff here is my mixed up poem titled "My Today's Feelings"
 25 Oct 2012Randomly Blessed: A Haiku for Day 22 via  

As you can see, participating in OctPoWriMo gives you the opportunity to expand your poetry, challenges you to go deeper, and possibly transforming in the process.

What do you say, will you be joining us this year?

Count Down: 20 Days until OctPoWriMo!




Morgan Dragonwillow is a rebel dancing with words, intuitive cook, recovering perfectionist, poet and indie author that (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. She is team leader at @StoryDam and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo. She lives in Marietta, Ga. with her loving and patient partner, their dog that thinks she's a princess, and the cat that reminds her that she isn't.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment